Why Preventative Maintenance?
The first time a unit is operated, mold / fungus begin accumulating. Mold spores are microscopic and professional cleaning your air handler every year is the only positive method to control mold / fungus accumulation. The Kool Team utilizes environmentally safe chemicals and a 10 step process to thoroughly clean and sanitize your entire AC system!
Over the years, we have learned that most air conditioning systems have energy wasting problems that can be corrected through regularly scheduled preventive maintenance. Well documented studies have shown that:
• 1/100th of an inch of dirt on an evaporator coil can increase operating costs by 5%
• A dirty blower wheel can reduce air flow by over 30% which causes the unit to run longer.
• A 23% refrigerant undercharge can cause the unit to operate less efficiently by up to 52%
• Improper refrigerant undercharge will cause premature compressor failure.
• Small air leaks in your return air ducts within a 120 degree attic can double operating costs.
• The bottom line is: Preventive Maintenance saves you money!